Cargo and passenger railway:
- Inadequate maintenance and failures on the permanent way;
- Lack of planning and poor execution of procedures;
- High rate of accidents.
ARM specialists carried out a meticulous observation of the operation in order to detect the faults and correct them with the following actions:
- Analysis and review of planning processes, maintenance execution of permanent Way;
- Review of failure detection and maintenance processes;
- Organizational restructuring and setting standards;
- Implementation of processes with training – theoretical and training throughout the stretch;
- Audit of the implemented processes.
In just one semester the proposed actions had positive effects, such as:
- Standardization of maintenance procedures;
- Reduction of 56% in accidents caused by failures in the permanent way;
- Decrease in transit time;
- Increased profitability of railway operations.